Jennifer Kirk Photography
Photobucket
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Ewa & Chris... still a west coast wedding!
Did you know that Ontario has a west coast? It's the long stretch of land along Lake Huron, Ontario's other cottage country... the one with sandy beaches instead of docks, and some of the best sunsets in Canada.

Ewa and Chris live in Abbotsford... and heard through one of my 2009 couples that I'm from Ontario and go back pretty regularly to shoot weddings. Ewa's first email to me said something like "You've probably never heard of where we're getting married" and she named her venue.
I could hardly believe what I was reading. See, I've been spending summers in Bayfield since I was 6 years old. I got married in Bayfield, I consider it my 2nd home. I know the area like the back of my hand. And their venue? It's a whole 7 minutes from my parent's home in Bayfield... I knew it very well... having driven past it about a bazillion times!! So... fast forward to May 29th... and here's Ewa & Chris's wedding day in one of my most favourite places in the world... Bluewater County.

Starting with our lovely bride, Ewa... and groom, Chris...

I sort of love the effect of one of the guest's flashes going off at the same time I captured their kiss...

We wandered around the Organ Factory Bed & Breakfast which was fitting, since it's orange :)



Then we headed off to the beach, of course! No Bluewater wedding is complete without a trip to the beach to get some sand between the toes! (Yours truly included!)

As we came down the stairs this sand message came into view... so glad we got to see it!! And we found a little piece of BC too... no, I didn't stack those rocks... I have no such patience!





Outside for a spectacular sunset... love that glowy magic hour sunlight!

Our light show drew some spectators...


Ewa & Chris... thanks for giving me the opportunity to photograph your wedding in a place so dear to my heart. I loved spending the day with you and your warm circle of family & friends!

xo - J

Labels: , ,

posted by Jennifer Kirk Photography @ Wednesday, June 23, 2010  
4 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Kirk Photography
Home: Vancouver/Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile
Facebook Twitter
Recent Posts
Archives
Links