Jennifer Kirk Photography
Photobucket
Friday, July 16, 2010
Elif & Shawn's crazy, fun, full of love Turkish/Montreal'ish wedding
Shawn and Elif were married at Redwoods in Langley surrounded by their family and friends, many who travelled to be there with them, some from across Canada and some from across an ocean.

From the day I first met Shawn, Elif, and Shawn's daughter Sophia, I couldn't wait to shoot their wedding. I loved the chemistry between these two, Shawn's larger-than-life smile and laugh, Elif's caring nature, and Sophia, probably the coolest 8-year-old I know.

Their day was full of emotion, from Shawn's expression as his daughter and new bride walked down the aisle, to the AMAZING speeches, the crazy dancing... I cried more than once and that's ok... it's what makes my job so awesome!

Elif is an exquisite, classic beauty... wearing a dress that's just so perfectly 'her'. And Shawn, well, he got his SHOES... it really was all about the shoes for Shawn, some pretty rad Ferragamo's that he'd had his eyes on.

Hair and makeup was done by the ever-awesome Jayna Marie, who not only makes my brides look picture-perfect but is a blast to hang out with while everyone's getting ready...

Here's just a small preview of the amazing day that was Elif & Shawn's wedding!
























My favourite part about the cake cutting series? The totally cute way Elif is holding her hand!


Cue the blurry eyes! I totally cried when this happened. Shawn's daughter Sophia presented Elif with this 'Team Costello' shirt and I. lost. it. So sweet!

During the best Dad's speech I've ever heard! So much laughter, funny anecdotes and pictures!









I've had a lot of fun at many, many weddings but this was a first! Hoisted by a bunch of guys while the Best Man grabbed my camera and took a photo... thanks Bruno!!

Labels: ,

posted by Jennifer Kirk Photography @ Friday, July 16, 2010  
4 Comments:
  • At July 19, 2010, Anonymous Alex - Shot in Vancouver said…

    Gorgeous work! I especially like the moment you captured during the registry signing; something that is usually very routine. Well done!

     
  • At July 19, 2010, Anonymous sean said…

    awesome wedding, jenn! feels like you caught so many of their moments together - so many of these feel very intimate and real. love that.

     
  • At July 20, 2010, Blogger Heather, Blogger, Dreamer said…

    spectacular!!!! love the reception shots! love that her name is Elif, love the cake, love the dude's shoes!

     
  • At July 22, 2010, Anonymous Jayna Bussiere said…

    Absolutely amazing as usual, Jennifer!
    It looks like you made yourself right at home there! ha ha

    Thanks again for the recommendation, I'm looking forward to doing many more weddings together.

    *hugs*

    Jayna

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Kirk Photography
Home: Vancouver/Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile
Facebook Twitter
Recent Posts
Archives
Links