Jennifer Kirk Photography
Photobucket
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
SFU Diamond Alumni Centre wedding with Jenn & Ryan
Every year, it seems that the last wedding of the season falls with a couple who make me feel a little bit like family. 2012 continued the tradition, as I wrapped up the year with Jenn & Ryan. It began a few years ago when I photographed Trevor & Kathryn's wedding, and I met a group of bridesmaids who over the years booked me for various family sessions - all but one, Shannon. (Turns out Shannon's hubby is awesome with a camera, so that explains it, haha)... but when Shannon's little sister Jenn became engaged, Shannon was the first to contact me for information, and the circle was complete! Being Jenn & Ryan's photographer was fun from the very beginning, I always knew our meetings would be long because we could chat all night. Then I would see Jenn at mutual friend/client's get-togethers (hi JulieK!)So, the wedding day was a big reunion of sorts for me, seeing the original connection Trevor & Kathryn as wedding guests along with the original bridal party girls and me... phew! It was the absolute BEST way to wrap up a wedding season, thank-you Jenn & Ryan for making me feel right at home in every way. okay... so Jenn & Ryan chose a perfect autumn day with the most beautiful colour in the leaves (a very short window here in Vancouver!) and when I think back to this wedding day I remember what a trooper Jenn was. See, up on Burnaby Mountain at SFU when the October rain blew in, it was wet, driving snow. We had been shooting for some time already, and I told J&R we could head inside if they wanted, I was already pleased with what we had captured. "No, we have an awesome photographer and we want to use every minute we have with you" said Jenn. Warmed my heart even if I couldn't feel my hands :) Huge thanks to my second shooter for this day, Vivian, who was an absolute rockstar with umbrellas, and a plethora of stuff to carry since we didn't know what the weather would throw at us, and carrying more than her usual load to ease my healing back that day! Rain, snow and wind battered us up there at SFU but we captured some awesome images - which always makes it worthwhile! Back at the reception, guests came out in full force for the dance anthem of 2012, Gangnam Style, and danced the night away. Thanks for a truly memorable day, Jenn & Ryan. I'm so honoured to have captured it for you!
With the original bridal party! Gown: Maggie Sottero from The Bridal Gallery Floral: Bobi Radke (also decorators) Radke Designs Groom's attire: Van Huesen Bridal party attire: David’s Bridal Caterer: SFU Diamond Alumni Music: Pablo Cartegena Hair & Make-up: Façade West Cake: The Pink Ribbon Bakery, Sheila

Labels: , , , ,

posted by Jennifer Kirk Photography @ Wednesday, January 16, 2013  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Jennifer Kirk Photography
Home: Vancouver/Lower Mainland, British Columbia, Canada
About Me:
See my complete profile
Facebook Twitter
Recent Posts
Archives
Links